Sunday, September 16, 2666

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Find out what it means to me.

Respect. What is respect?

People want respect. Everyone thinks they deserve respect. And everyone thinks that YOU have to earn respect.

Let's talk about respecting religious beliefs. This from the Separation of Church and State:

No. I do not respect your religious beliefs.

I respect your right to have them.
I respect your right to express them.

I respect you as long as you respect me. 

I do not respect your "right" to tell me that I am an evil person.
I do not respect your "right" to tell me that I am going to hell.
I do not respect your "right to impose your beliefs on me.

I do not respect ignorance.
I do not respect brainwashing.
I do not respect cults.
I do not respect hatred, bigotry, misogyny, sexism, or tyranny.

I do not respect your religion, and I don't have to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcomed to leave any comment you like. There is no moderation. You can be anonymous! But, if you're anonymous AND you're a hateful asshole, you just might find yourself deleted! So, if you want to be a jerk, just leave your name. :-)